On My Mind: 7-16-17

Statue of Libuše in Prague
Gus, Theo, and Ruby - At work I recently heard of a sibset consisting of eldest brother Gus, and then Theo, and a little sister named Ruby. It's so unusual (especially in my small southern town) to hear such stylish names that I was pretty floored when I heard it.

Augustine - Another name sighting from work - a little boy was calling for his friend all across the arcade - his name was Augustine.

Libuše - I've really been into Czech names here lately, and this one is one of my favorites. It comes from the Czech lib - which means "love". In legend, Libuše, also sometimes called Lubuše, Libussa, or Lubossa, was the name of a Princess and the founder of Prague.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angourie

Names from the 2022 Winter Olympics

Yara