On My Mind: 6-23-14

Alex Kingston as River Song in "Doctor Who"
River - Kelly Clarkson just named her daughter River Rose. Although more usual for boys, it reminds me of River Song of "Doctor Who" and River Tam of "Firefly" and "Serenity".

 d'Artagnan - I really enjoyed the premiere of "The Three Musketeers" last night on BBC. I've always loved how romantic d'Artagnan sounds, and I wonder how it would work on a real person.

Gamora - I'm really excited for "Guardian of the Galaxy". Zoe Saldana plays Gamora, the last of her kind and reputedly "the most dangerous woman in the galaxy."

Bran - Bran, really Brandon, is one of the Starks in "Game of Thrones", a name that I think will, or should, catch on. It's short, simple, but undeniably masculine. It means "raven", and in Irish mythology it was the name of a mariner. In Welsh mythology Bran the Blessed was the son of the God Llyr.

Constance - Also in "The Three Musketeers", there is a girl named Constance, which I love. I'd really like to see it used more often.

Ephraim - Gullerimo del Toro's "The Strain", a new take on vampirism, features a character named Ephraim Goodweather.

Comments

  1. Hi Bree, I just noticed your age changed - happy birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! It was in April but I was lazy about getting around to changing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Angourie

Names from the 2022 Winter Olympics

Yara